Sunday, August 31, 2014

Classroom Reveal 2014-2015

Welcome to my first grade classroom! I was a day late and buck short for all the classroom reveal linky parties! I just started grad school so I have been busy, but here it is! 


Our school theme this year is, "Teach like a pirate" so even though I do not have a pirate themed classroom I set up board up to be pirate themed all year long :) I can't wait to put christmas lights on my ship! HA.

We each have to choose a college to decorate and support on our classroom doors,  I choose UH. You can also see you "Where are we sign?" If you would like to purchase it click here.



My filing cabinet is right by the door, its not the cutest thing ever, but it is magnetic & holds my hall passes like a champ! I also put the transportation magnets on here later :) Up on top are the buckets I draw a secret walker from, our name tag bucket, and my birthday bouquet just for a little bit of cute when you walk in!


I use the pink basket as my drop box for student notes, parent notes, things I need to turn into the office. I use the black trays to sort things to "file, absent work, team teacher papers, things for tuesday folders, and data" This is right next to my door. 

These are my homeroom students' mailboxes, the binder clips have their numbers on them, the yellow tape says their name next to their slot. The kids take everything we put in here home on Tuesdays in their Tuesday folder. 


The two crates hold their items that need to filed into their first grade portfolio binders. Two crates, one for each class I teach. The anchor chart is a an afternoon routine reminder, I saw it on IG & can't remember who made it! The green roll you see is a pocket chart that comes down for word work or other classroom activities. 


Right past my mailboxes are the student's backpack cubbies, you can see the numbering system I use. Two kiddos share a top cubbie & we use the bottom row to store our portfolios and extra items! 

Here is what you see when you stand at the door in my classroom. 

Here is the opposite view from the back corner. You can see my guided reading/teacher desk area. 

I teach two groups of kiddos for reading. I use the supply caddies for community supplies both classes can use at their need. My homeroom class keeps their school boxes with any special pencils, erasers and their own crayons in the top drawer of the 3 tier cart. The second drawer houses Writer's Workshop folders & Poetry notebooks for my homeroom class. The third drawer houses the same items but for the second class. Inside the kiddos desks they have two paper sized baskets. One for each student who uses that desk (one HR and one second class). They use this basket for their book box & it also holds their reader's notebook that we use during guided reading and for interactive activities. 

I have five groups of five desks. I use colors and numbers for them. The lanterns & supply caddies coordinate to show which table is which.  
Here is a close up of my classroom rules. These are a freebie in my TPT. Click here to check them out.  

The black pocket chart on the white board is for our phonics word work. The Bulletin board next to the white board is where I display our current writing.

Here are few more large views, you can see my alphabet, color words, guided reading area, and few more of the kids desks. 

My teacher area, I use clipboards for lesson plans & my contact form, all the usual teacher stuff and guided reading items are housed on the shelf next to my desk & behind my GR table. 


I teach all my mini lessons & writer's workshop lesson here in this area. We also cover the daily schedule & objectives here in the mornings. You can also see my focus wall here, if you are interested in seeing more of that click here.



Behind my focus wall area is this area, the blue/pink/green baskets are for turning in work and folders. The black organizer is for working on writing, the writing table/station is on the other side of this shelf. The white tubs are still to be determined. ;) 


You can see my classroom library in the background of the previous picture, here is a close up of my shabby ribbon curtains and library organization. You can read more about my library here & more about my curtains here. 



Students use these clips to mark their places while book shopping. Back to the opposite view. 



Up above my focus wall you can see a spaced out alphabet from Ladybug's Teacher Files, that I use a really large word wall! Works great. At the edge of this bulletin board is the door to my bathroom & the the sink & cabinets move further along this wall. 


I use the large drawers to store anchor charts & poems. The pink & black tubs hold extra student supplies, glue, pencils, ect. The black baskets withe the cups are tidy bins. The cups hold scissors. 


I teach two groups of reading students. Their needs are super different, so I use the stars to mark which word work bins different classes can work on. So my first group needs fewer choices at an easier level, they only choose from the red star bins. The second group needs variety & a challenge, they can choose any blue or purple bins to work from. 

Lost crayon sorting drawers and broken/sharp pencil baskets. No more digging in the cups! YAY!

Well, that about sums it up! Here is the sign I used to take first day pictures of my firsties! Of course, I had to have one too! Hope everyone has a fabulous school year!
post signature

1 comment:

  1. Love your classroom! I love how each group of desks have their own 3-drawer cart for their supplies!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...