Sunday, September 01, 2013

Classroom Reveal

School is back in session, linking up with Swimming into Second for the Show off your Space linky party!
Well, the first week with my new firsties is complete & I am finally taking a minute to breathe! I am so excited to share photos of my classroom, so without further ado... 

This is my welcome back board for meet the teacher night! 

Adorable sign in table between my team teacher's room & mine!

My welcome sign & "where are we?" board!


As soon as you come into my classroom, you can see my classroom jobs board, which I love! I keep all the students' numbers who do not have a job this week in the purple envelope. 

Are we ever really done? NO!

View from the door, and as you can see I have already changed my desk arrangement from four groups of six to three groups of seven (but still six tables). So far I am really liking the new arrangement!


This is my small group area, I haven't done very much in the way of small groups so far, but the set up is working very nicely! I am excited to use my Ikea six pocket holder for leveled readers for my different small groups & any other small items I may need for a lesson!

I am using these two shelves to house literacy station buckets and materials such as white boards, markers, pencils, and clipboards. I will be starting stations on Tuesday and no doubt already changing this up to be more efficient by Friday!

This is going to be my big books station on this side & the writing station on the side with the two small black tables, not sure if I will like this set up, but I am going to try it out! 

My beloved bath tub! Recently dubbed the "Super Reader Tub", I think I need a catchier name! This tub has been a dream of mine since the fourth grade! The library in my elementary school had a bathtub filled with pillows in it & I always just thought it was the coolest! And apparently, I was right, because all my students just adore it!

This is my fabulous husband who worked so hard to find this tub for me with the help of his friends. Then they DUG IT OUT OF A SWAMP in Louisiana for my birthday! Special shout out to Turner & Brandi for diggin' it up, transporting it back to the lonestar state, and hiding it until my birthday! Mr. D worked so hard on this amazing tub and I just cannot wait to have my first super reader in there all day on Friday!


In the past couple of years, I have put up pictures on a bulletin board & in an ongoing album, but this idea is just fantastic since firsties must learn about timelines! I will be adding photos of our class throughout the year to the timeline & I will make a small scrapbook at the end of the year to remember my 13-14 firsties by!


My "desk" area is cluttered by perfectly functional for my quick everyday needs. I cannot express how much I DO NOT miss my bulky desk & rolling chair! :) This table & stool take up so much less valuable room space, plus no risk of me falling when standing on the rolling chair! (We all do it, ladies!)

 
Whole group area & word wall, I have already switched my  behavior chart to the back cabinets, so students can move their own clips if needed and I save that valuable board space! I also flipped my chair to the other side too :) 

  I could not pass up sharing my fabulous "Little Gator" hat! My district does a meet up during in-service week with all of the faculty & staff, my school chose to do a "cool" theme with hats & sunglasses! I am not a hat person, so a coworker of mine & I decided to make tiny top hats! Who doesn't love tiny top hats!?

 I hope everyone's 2013-2014 back to school week has been as wonderful as mine! :) 


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...