Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Simple Classroom Rules

Summer is officially coming to a close! I start in service on Monday & the kids return on August 25. I am putting some finishing touches on my room this week and enjoying my last week of fun in the sun! I am blogging to share a tiny sneak peak of my classroom, not much has changed this year, and to share a FREEBIE of classroom rules! In the past years, I have done a class make rule list/constitution, a few sweet simple primary rules and a couple other things! It always ends up being too much for me to keep up with when I am discussing positive or negative behavior with students. I had no clue what I was going to use for rules this year & I saved it for one of my last #Mondaymadeit projects of the summer! 
After talking to my sweet sweet teaching partner, I decided to take her lead & go SIMPLE with my classroom rules this year & y'all, it really is SIMPLE, BE RESPECTFUL! 


http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Simple-Classroom-Rules-1389234



Click on any of the pictures above to go directly to my TPT and download these posters for FREE!!! 

This is what you see from the back of the classroom when looking towards the whiteboard. 

A close up shot, I really like the simple look this year, no theme, no nonsense! Just plain & simple! 
I teach my whole group lessons from the back of the classroom in a cozy little area, but I decided to display the rules from the whiteboard where I normally give directions for activities. 


These cost me $5 and about twenty minutes! First, I simply printed out the rules posters on plain white card stock.  Second, I just slipped them into the Document Frames, that I picked up at Dollar Tree. You don't even have to trim the edges of the posters!  Third, I choose some gold ribbon, for my "Golden Rules" and hot glued it to the back of the frames. I then used small clear 3M hooks to adhere under my white board. Last step, was to simply tie the bows, separately, and slip them on top of the hook to hide it! 


post signature

1 comment:

  1. Love how classy your rules look! Makes me want to run to the store to change mine!

    Lindsay
    For the Love of First Grade

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...