Tuesday, August 04, 2015

The Building Blocks of B2S-Week 1


Welcome to the first week of  The Building Blocks of  B2S! 


I am linking up with Stephanie from Mrs.D's Corner for the next four weeks to prepare for back to school! For week one, I wanted to share how I set up & run my meet the teacher night. 


Usually at the end of the school year, I have my students write letters {sort of} to my new group of students. I LOVE having these displayed for parents and students to read and look at during meet the teacher. Its one more thing to keep them busy & give them a little bit of an insight into how my students feel about me & my class! 




These are just a few of them & you can see that I display all levels of work & I LOVE POLKA DOTS! ha! This is the first things students and parents see when they arrive! 


When parents and students enter my classroom {this is meet the teacher from 2012, I'm in the same classroom still}  they will see the whole set up & find their desks. Once my students find their desk, there is an information sheet for the parents to fill out for my personal records. {Sorry for the horrible photo quality, I was in a rush!} Students find a little classroom scavenger hunt sheet for them to fill out! They find their backpack hook, the library, bathroom, desk, and their mailbox. Once they check them all off, they can bring it to me and grab a treat! 


I got this awesome follower freebie {Primarily Speaking} that is a topper for pop rocks! Which goes adorably with my "First Grade Rocks" meet the teacher theme! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...