Friday, June 26, 2015

Garage Sale Gorgeousness!



 I had the most fun this morning with Stephanie from Mrs. D's Corner, my bloggy friend and now my friend in RL too! We went all over in search of some second hand finds for our classrooms! 

 

The first sale we went to (of course Steph had an app for the sales) was a teacher retiring from 20 years in second and 3 years in first grade! To say the least we hit the JACKPOT! 


This was our combined haul in the trunk! All for $30!


I got this UNUSED Lakeshore game! It has been opened, but the pieces have not been used! I have the CVC and the CVCe game, so this will be a great addition to my word work materials. 


My second awesome find was this set of easy reader biographies. I have quite a few biographies and books on historical figures in my classroom already. But I very excited to add these to my collection and my firsties will actually be able to read and learn from these since they are on level. 


I have a genre library and a leveled library in my classroom. Read more about my classroom library here. I got these to add to some of the most beloved series in my classroom. My girls last year adored Amelia, hopefully next year they will too! 


These books are on tape, I have mostly switched over to books on CD at my listening center,  but some of these were just such great titles, I couldn't pass them up! Read more about my listening center here. Plus, I don't want the kids to forget what a 'tape' is! HA. 


Here is my entire haul....all for $10! If you find any second hand classroom finds make sure to use the #thriftyteacherfinds and link up with Mrs. D's Corner on Instagram!

What are you looking for at second hand stores and yard sales this summer?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic



2 comments:

  1. I love the books you got on tape! We both definitely got some great deals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds! Would you mind sharing the app that you used to find the sales? I'm hoping to get a few things at yard sales this summer as well! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...