Monday, December 02, 2013

Spreading a little bit of Christmas cheer!

I am already all wrapped up in the Christmas season! I just love it! I have been working on several small centers and activities for my class! The first is a class favorite with my firsties this year! They loved the back to school edition, and then the pumpkin edition last month. I create a circle map of the theme word and we come up with adjectives to describe it in a whole group mini-lesson. Then I leave that chart in my poetry center and the students use the words from the circle map to create this fun little poem! Click on the picture below to grab it for FREE in my TPT store. 
I have noticed that my students really struggle with ABC order this year, it is just difficult for this group to put a few words in order. So I have been working on a Christmas and Winter themed center for my kiddos to grab some extra practice with! Click the picture below to grab it in my TPT store! 
Christmas & Winter ABC Order
Earlier in the year, I taught subject and predicate using a student response foldable and some mini-anchor charts. My kiddos ACTUALLY enjoyed learning, a hard to teach concept, so much, that I decided to use the same approach to teach cause and effect to my firsties this week. Click the picture below to grab it from my store. Everything is 28% off until tomorrow! 
Snowman Cause & Effect
Only 14 more days until Christmas Break y'all!
post signature

1 comment:

  1. Found your blog through Instagram, newest follower :)
    Erin
    http://adventuresinthirdgrade-brown.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...