Thursday, July 17, 2014

Classroom Organization {Crayons}


One of the classroom crafts I have had my eye on for a couple of years is the Sterilite crayon drawers! This is the set that inspired my project! 
 I have used small baskets, cups, & buckets. They all have fallen short in the past. This year I am going to try using a drawer system for extra crayons that are misplaced from each table or center.
The picture below is the set I just made, so easy & quick! I have seen the fully covered drawers but I choose to leave them pretty much clear so I can keep an eye on how full each drawer is! I also choose to combine colors (that are extreme opposites for easy sorting/picking) so I can save space! 

students finding crayons lost crayons crayon jars

I purchased this mini 5 drawer organizer from Walmart, I printed the labels out on cardstock, cut them out, & used Modge Podge on the backs of the lables & attached them to the front of the drawers! I just used a paper towel to wipe off any excess Modge Podge that was on the plastic.
 Just click the picture of the drawers to go directly to my TPT store & download the freebie! 
________________________UPDATE 7/15/15_______________________
These drawers were a total lifesaver this past school year! I don't think a single student asked me for crayon or told me that they found one on the floor! They held up very well & I will be using this system for many years to come! 
If you want to see more classroom tips and organization ideas like this please follow my Pintrest board! Click the picture below to go to the board on pintrest.com! 

Do you have any organization quick tips to share, leave a comment, I am always looking for more ideas! 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...