Friday, February 20, 2015

Five for Friday-February 20th

 
 
www.doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.com
 
Hello! Welcome to my "Five on Friday"! Keep scrolling to see what I have been up to!
 
1.
 
I recently (5ish weeks ago) stopped *mostly* eating carbs and sugar. It has been great for me! I can actually tell I have more energy than ever before just because I am eating correctly. Since I have been doing this I have used my Kitchen Aid Mixer more in the last month than I have in the last two years! I made carb/sugar free jello creams, carb free spicy crackers, and even some zucchini chicken Alfredo!  
 
 
 2.
 
 We have been celebrating and learning all about Presidents' Day, specifically George Washington & Abraham Lincoln. I really enjoy teaching about these guys! There are so many cute activities & books to read. The books are themed and the kids use those during 'Read to Self'.
 
mrsbrinkmansblog.blogspot.com
 
The bottom left is our anchor chart and the bottom right is the poem we will be adding to our poetry notebook today! I found it as a freebie, click the photo to go to Mrs.Brinkman's Blog to get one yourself. YAY!
 
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/American-Symbols-Writing-Center-for-Primary-Writers-1224121
 
The top right is a photo of my 'work on writing' area. I have said this before but I love Latoya Reed's writing centers! They are simple and ready to go! Here is the one I used this week! Click the picture to check it out in her TPT store. You can see in the right hand corner of my collage picture that I display the sentence stems & theme words in clear picture frames. I use the word wall words in the little bucket. My kiddos can go grab those anytime they need to!
 
3.
 
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DotonDesigns?ref=hdr_shop_menu
 
I have been working SO hard to get my Etsy shop full of new invitations! I have been focusing mostly on bridal shower and save the dates! My sweet sister is getting married in October, so I am practicing for her! Please check out my store if you are in the market for personalized paper goods! Click on the photo to go to my Etsy shop or search "Dot on Design" on facebook!
 
4.
 
I shamefully LOVE redbull. I got so excited when I finally found these new flavors! Wild Cherry, Tropical, & Orange! I tried the wild cherry today, I was pretty disappointed. I guess its a sign that I should give up energy drinks!
 
5.
 
 
I am so excited for go Texan day! Next Friday, all of us Texans will be decked out in our finest rodeo gear and ready to celebrate the great(est) state we call home! I am already planning my outfit, chili for our staff cook off, & fun read alouds and activities for the classroom!
 
These are two of my FAVORITE read alouds for the rodeo!


 
I found this adorablllleee freebie from Liz Kinsinger on TPT that goes along with the book! Just click the picture to go to her shop!
 
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/A-Boot-iful-Freebie-316532
 
Happy go Texan week! Don't forget your boots!
post signature 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...