Friday, June 19, 2015

{Five for Friday}- June 19, 2015


Hey, everyone! I'm so excited to link up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday again this week! Its so fun to read everyone's Five for Friday's during the summer because so much is going on! 



My husband  & I recently purchased new bedroom furniture, with all of the last week of school crazy, summer traveling, and grad school..I just had time to get my vanity all organized. Since this is the place where I start my days, I like to have it look inviting and organized! The top drawers are very very shallow {it is supposed to be a desk} so I was struggling to find makeup trays to fit. THEN I found these $1, Dollar Tree serving trays & they worked like a charm! 



So since we got new furniture, I am looking for the perfect lighting to hang above our sitting area! We have two, VERY ugly fans in our bedroom, we will be replacing the one above our bed with a prettier fan & the one above the seating are with something like this! The best part is that I told my MIL I liked this one and 30 minutes later, she texts me a photo of almost the same thing for sell at HEB!? What...haha who knew HEB had chandeliers!? 



I ordered new glasses, I have been wearing the same pair since 10th grade! I wear contacts 96% of the time, so I don't normally need glasses, but it was time! I got the glasses in the picture above for less than $30! WHOOP.




I am so glad that I join in {I almost didn't, but FOMO} the #TPTSellerChallenge. I hadn't created or refreshed any product since September of this last school year. The challenge got me back into the groove & I ended up making over about half of my products & I deleted some altogether! 


I was even inspired to create my logo banner & make my 'quote' a picture ad! I love the end results, but I think I need to try again on the quote! 






I saw so many wonderful lists of summer reading, I really had to be honest with myself, I KNOW I will not finish 8 PD books this summer. So I tried to choose the ones that I really thought I could read and internalize before August. I just got these last night & I already read 3 chapters of "Unshakable". It is so real and motivating at the same time. It doesn't pretend that every teacher is happy everyday and is always prepared. It helps you see your 'authentic self' and offers small improvements for your daily mindset. If you are looking for a PD book this summer, I highly recommend it! 

What are your summer PD must reads?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

4 comments:

  1. Hi Katie!

    Good for you with all of those makeovers! It's a big job! I'm going to check out "Unshakable." I like a "real" book :)

    Stacy
    Made with Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great well! Well done on completing the first week of the seller challenge, i'm seeing it everywhere but just don't know if I can justify adding one more thing to my to do list! Good luck with the next week of it, I hope all your hard work pays off - i'm sure it will! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute blog you have! Love that pic of the bedroom wall :) I would love to find out how to make a banner, is it hard? Enjoy your summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the makeovers! LOVE that light that you are thinking about for your bedroom. I need to check out that site for glasses, I have also had mine forever because whenever I go to the eye doctor the price for glasses and contacts is insane, I usually just opt for the contacts and keep wearing my old pair of glasses. I need a change though. Thanks for the tip. Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...