Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Building Blocks of B2S- Week 3


Welcome to the third week of  The Building Blocks of  B2S! I am linking up with Stephanie from Mrs.D's Corner this week to talk about first week activities. 


When my students arrive on the first day with all their supplies in tow, I just have them set them down on the cabinets, in the cubbies, where ever they will fit! The students then find their desk & put on their name tag. 


They then work on coloring this cute little sheet, from Christine Statzel's shop! I like it because it requires them to read & follow directions to color most of it. It keeps them busy for a just a little bit longer than a regular coloring sheet! I also have baskets of books (variety of levels) on the tables in case a friend finishes early!


I also have baskets set out to sort supplies into. I usually call students to bring supplies by saying "green table, bring your glue bottles". I like NEED to have the supplies organized and put away as quickly as possible so we can start establishing some classroom norms for the year. Having stacks of messy supplies, just isn't my jam. 


This system also helps the kiddos learn their table color and allows me to see who is listening & following directions right away. The kids see that I value organization and taking care of our classroom & I feel that this really lasts throughout the year, especially with gentle reminders. 


& at the end of the day...


everyone gets a little hard earned treat to take home! The treat toppers are a cute little follower freebie from Primarily Speaking.


What are your favorite first week activities? 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...