Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Fall Blog Hop



Bring on fall y'all! I am so excited for cooler weather & all the things the season brings. It is just my favorite! 

Fall @ Home: 

I LOVE to decorate for holidays! I swore up and down this year to my husband that "I am not even putting up a Christmas tree! I am so busy." Well y'all I made it two days, TWO DAYS into fall without decorating. Bahaha.


This is my little ottoman in the center of my living room, it is my favorite little nook to decorate! I bought some of these cute little woodland creatures for Easter one year and loved them SO MUCH that my husband got me a set for fall & winter! 


This is my little wet bar area, I adore having a little chalkboard to write things for each occasion on. 


Here is my dinning room table, love those gold chargers. 


A close up! 


I got these deer salt shakers from on my firsties for Christmas last year, LOVE them! 



A few other little corners of my kitchen & dining area. 


Bonus picture of Halle sleeping like a baby while I decorated for fall! 

Fall @ School: 

I love is using the book "Apple Trouble" to teach students about characters/setting/problem/solution. It has a repeative story line similar to that of  "An Old Lady Who Swallowed_____" but it also has a strong plot, obvious problem & solution. 


We read this for three days, practicing identify the structure, retelling, and identifying fictional elements.  Then we made our own story maps! They turned out so cute! 



Look at all those details! If you know the story, you can tell these students did a fantastic job of drawing it out! 


I drew this little apple to display on our bulletin board with all of the story maps, I had a few early finishers color it for me! 

Another great fall lesson I love is introducing my firsties to all different types of genres.


I use these texts to begin my thanksgiving unit on how pilgrims & Indians lived. I love reading these non-fiction books to my students! These texts are so wonderful to helping young learners understand and make connections to the past in the fall! I like to discuss what wants & needs our class has. Then compare ourselves to Samuel & Sarah. 




After a day or two I read another book on Indians and we discuss how their needs & wants are different. My students are able to make connections with the past when they read about other children and how they lived in the past. I make a large anchor chart in my classroom & my students use this smaller one to take their own notes. 


If you would like to check out more from this pack click on the picture below! 



Your next stop on the Fall Blog Hop is Ashley at Teach Create Motivate! 


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

4 comments:

  1. No going to lie, besides your freebie and your decorations, Halle was my favorite part of your post :) We need to get together soon!

    Thanks for being part of the hop!
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! We should get together and work on posts for the Holidays! I am totally brain dead at the moment! haha

      Delete
  2. Your decorations are making me drool!!!! You can come decorate my house anytime!
    -Elyse @ A is for Apples

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! If I had the time and money, I would run around decorating anything and everything people would let me! Haha!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...