Monday, August 24, 2015

Building Blocks of B2S-Week 4


Welcome to the fourth & final week of  The Building Blocks of  B2S! I am linking up with Stephanie from Mrs.D's Corner this week to share a few tips on staying refreshed throughout the school year. 


Try new things in your teaching practice. I know this is a total DUH but once I am firmly settled into my routines & procedures, I tend to just do "what I did last year" more often than I probably should. Even if what you have done in the past worked well, sometimes its good to change up a lesson or station just for the sake of change! Thank goodness for Pintrest & teaching blogs right!? 


I found this gem of an idea last year & added it to my adjectives unit! The kiddos loved it! 


Pack delicious & healthy lunches, in preferably a really really cute lunch bag! I know some teachers who work through lunch to get out the door faster, but for me I need that 20ish minutes of just sitting to recharge for the afternoon! When I have a yummy lunch to look forward to, it helps the mid morning slump stay away! 


Read small chunks of those inspirational & motivational professional development books from summer throughout the year! I always start my year off so motivated & inspired but teaching is hard work & its so easy to lose sight of the big picture, when the little picture is full of hurry up and meet this standard, go to this meeting, send this home, & fill this out. 


Try incorporating them into your team/faculty/PLC meetings by sharing small passages with your colleagues. 


How do you stay refreshed during the school year?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...